An expert bartender can set the tone for a great night — mixing a wide variety of delicious concoctions that can make any celebration that much more fun. SPACE54, the hot and happening party space in New York City, offers this rundown of what cocktails are trending right now:
- Old Fashioned: A classic drink made of whiskey, bitters and muddled sugar. Although it is occasionally made with brandy, the classic version is still the most popular.
- Negroni: A popular Italian cocktail made of gin, vermouth rosso, and Campari, garnished with orange peel.
- Whiskey Sour: Another classic featuring whiskey, lemon juice, sugar, and the occasional egg white. Typically garnished with maraschino cherry, lemon rind, sugared glass, or an orange slice.
- Daiquiri: Refreshing, fun and coming in a variety of flavors including strawberry, pineapple and banana, the daiquiri is made of rum, syrup, and lime juice — and remains a popular choice not only in the summertime, but all year long.
- Manhattan: A cocktail made of vermouth, whiskey, and bitters. While rye is the traditional whiskey of choice, other commonly used whiskies include bourbon, blended whiskey and Tennessee whiskey.
- Dry Martini: Over the years, the martini has become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic beverages, made with gin and vermouth and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist.
- Espresso Martini: A cold, coffee-flavored cocktail made with vodka, espresso coffee, coffee liqueur, and sugar syrup. It is not a true martini, but is one of many drinks that incorporate the term into their names.
Where good times are on tap
SPACE54 is the ideal setting for your next big celebration or corporate event. We feature a chic and stylish event venue, complete with a state-of-the-art sound system, intelligent lighting, and two 19-foot marble bars in the cocktail area and in the main room! We’ve got everything you need to make your party unforgettable. For more information on planning your event, give us a call today at 646-797-3512.
By Space 54
January 6, 2020